Spider Writer's Web

This site is devoted to poetry. It is an introduction to my upcoming publication, "The Imprint Journal of Poetry and Art". If you'd like more information or would like to include your poetry type it as a comment or email me directly at the following address: pinkspiderpublications@yahoo.com. Specify in the subject bar "for your blog site" or "for the journal". Comments are also welcome. Thank you for your interest.

Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

I am a poet, prose writer and lover of art and photography devoted to promoting an exchange between writers and artists by sharing our work on this blog and in my upcoming publication, "The Imprint Journal of Poetry and Art".

Friday, August 04, 2006

That Word

By Lucinda Sands

I half lie, edgy
on the side of one thigh
and look into you.
On my bed silence spreads,
trepidation sleeps.
Then that word saunters in
proud from outside,
dances on my lips
and kicks dust into the air.
You are still for too long.
I whisper, “I really do.”
Finally. You ask,
“does it bother you
that I don’t say it?”
Sometime later, I’m not sure when
perhaps an hour into next time
that word reappears
tiptoes across your face
and steals the air between us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home